- Great for the holidays!
- 4 Cups of Diced White Potatoes (2 Large White Potatoes)
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk (I used Cashew)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
Savory Mushroom Gravy:
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp. Water or Vegetable Broth (Divided)
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 1/4 Cup Diced Button cap Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Harina de Maiz (Corn Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Guar Gum
- 1 Bundle - Ends snapped off
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the diced potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water, bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are soft and easy to mash.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tbsp. of water in a small saucepan. Sauté the diced onions and minced garlic for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and soft. Add the balance of the ingredients. Stir together. Heat over medium-low heat while the potatoes cook. Continue to stir the gravy, allowing it to simmer and thicken.
- Once the potatoes are boiling, start the asparagus. I steamed ours in our steamer for 20 minutes, they were pretty soft which my husband loves. If you like yours firmer, I'd go for 15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain them. Add the balance of the ingredients, the dairy free milk, sea salt, dill and pepper. Mash until desired consistency. If you like them whipped you can also blend them.
- Serve the potatoes hot, make a well, place the gravy in the well. Place the asparagus on the side. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, pour a little gravy on top. Serve with gravy on the side.
Enjoy this plant-based, heart-healthy meal this season! Happy Holidays!