Vegan Mofo continues in full swing! My theme for week two is Alchemical Cleanse & Detox. We started early yesterday with chopped mung bean salads and homemade soup. Today we picked it back up with a new homemade alchemical creation. Mayan Raspberry Dream!
- Blend the first 6 ingredients together in a blender until smoothieliscious. About 60 seconds.
- Place 3/4 cup of Puffed Amaranth or Amaranth Cereal in the bottom of each mason jar or cup, top with 1/2 sliced banana each.
- Pour the Raspberry Dream on top of the Mayan grains for a Mayan Raspberry Dream! Opt to stir it all together for a delicious treat!
- Use other grains if you don't have amaranth.
- Use other dairy free milk varieties.
- Freeze the bananas for a creamier and cooler treat!
- Use homemade date sauce vs. whole dates. I did! :)
- Add protein powder and other supplements such as maca root, chaga mushroom powder and more!
- Have fun and add your own mix!
Amaranth is rich in nutrition with a higher content of minerals than most vegetables and an astounding amount of protein! Full of lysine, iron, fiber, calcium, phosphorous and more. Amaranth is known to help prevent diabetes, heart disease, cancer and stroke!
Following a plant based lifestyle offers a natural cleanse and detox program without much effort. Some cleansing programs suggest a 7-30 day period where you eat a vegan lifestyle with plenty of fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds. If you haven't tried the glorious benefits of a plant based diet a 7 day challenge is a great way to compare and contrast with how you feel! If 7 days is too much try 3 days or even start with one meal a week!
Wherever you may be on this journey of life, may your days be nourished with love, happiness and great health. What dreams are waiting to burst out of your soul?
“Encouragement is like water to the soul, it makes everything grow.”
― Chris Burkmenn
Cheers to this crazy beautiful life!