- 2 1/2 cup Mixed Berries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup Papaya - Cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/8 cup Coconut Palm Sugar Crystals
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or healthy dash)
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/3 cup Mashed Banana (1 ripe banana, mashed)
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup Puffed Amaranth (or puffed quinoa)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pre-grease a 8" square baking dish or bread pan, whatever you have on hand.
- Place the Mixed Berries in the baking dish, top with the papaya and sprinkle with coconut palm sugar crystals and cinnamon.
- To make the topping, combine the gluten free flour, puffed amaranth and mashed banana in a bowl. Mash together with your hands. Wash hands and add balance of coconut palm sugar crystals and nuts. Stir to combine.
- Cover the fruit with the crumb topping and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Flour or Gluten-Free Oats could be used vs. the Puffed Amaranth, I added it for more protein.
- Try your favorite nuts or use your favorite seed if allergic to nuts.
- Try your favorite blend of fruit.
- An alternative sweetener to Coconut Palm Sugar Crystals may be substituted. I changed the original recipe in over 10 ways, feel free to do the same with mine letting your creativity flow!!!