There is nothing like a Mixed Berry Pie, it's a favorite in our home. I made this pie a few weeks back and thought I'd pull out the recipe with Thanksgiving in mind. The crust turned out incredible, thick, flaky n' tasty! Jerry and I couldn't keep our paws off it. I'll be making it again and again. Winter, spring, summer or fall all you'll have to do is call and I'll be there....... making a pie. :)
Vegan Gluten-Free Pie CrustMakes 1 – 9-inch Pie Shell
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Add in almonds and gluten-free all-purpose flour in a food processor. Processing until a fine flour is formed.
3. Add sea salt and coconut oil. Process until combined.
4. Transfer mixture into a large bowl; add in gluten-free oats and three tablespoons of water. Combine mixture until it forms a dough, adding in more water if necessary.
5. Press dough evenly into a 9 inch pie pan.
6. Refrigerate dough for 15 + minutes.
7. Bake empty pie crust for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Mixed Berry Pie Filling
1. Combine the sweetener, arrowroot flour, water and sea salt. Stir until arrowroot flour dissolves, or shake in a small jar with a lid. I shook in a small jar and loved the results!
2. In a saucepan, add blueberries and arrowroot flour mixture. Heat over low-medium heat until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
3. Pour blueberries into prepared pie shell and refrigerate until completely filling sets, or freeze!
To sky-high pie dreaming!
Welcome to ArtisticVegan.com where you can find access to hundreds of vegan recipes. I love cooking, food, yoga and so much more. Thank you for stopping by!!
Search Artistic Vegan
Current Reader Favorites
Homemade Vegan Sausages
Free of Soy, Gluten & Dairy
Smoked Apple Sage Sausage
No Oil, Soy, Dairy or Gluten
Cheesy Dill Biscuits
Vegan, GF, Oil-Free, Yeast-Free
Strawberry Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Raw, Vegan, GF, Oil-Free Opt
The man who lights my fire!