- ½ cup almonds (or favorite nut)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- Dash of All Spice and cinnamon
- 3 to 5 tablespoons cold water
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Add in almonds and gluten-free all-purpose flour in a food processor. Processing until a fine flour is formed.
3. Add sea salt and coconut oil. Process until combined.
4. Transfer mixture into a large bowl; add in gluten-free oats and three tablespoons of water. Combine mixture until it forms a dough, adding in more water if necessary.
5. Press dough evenly into a 9 inch pie pan.
6. Refrigerate dough for 15 + minutes.
7. Bake empty pie crust for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Mixed Berry Pie Filling
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- ½ cup sweetener (agave, coconut nectar, brown rice syrup)
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen (or your favorite, blueberries, cherries, blackberries etc)
1. Combine the sweetener, arrowroot flour, water and sea salt. Stir until arrowroot flour dissolves, or shake in a small jar with a lid. I shook in a small jar and loved the results!
2. In a saucepan, add blueberries and arrowroot flour mixture. Heat over low-medium heat until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
3. Pour blueberries into prepared pie shell and refrigerate until completely filling sets, or freeze!