Mung Dip Yum
- 3/4 Carrot - Sliced into Fine Rounds
- 1/2 Green Chili Pepper - Sliced
- 1 1/2 Cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 Cup Dark Leafy Greens
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Jalapeno or Serrano Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 3/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tamari Sauce (or Soy for non GF)
- 1 Tbsp Creamy Pecan Sauce (Below)
- Salt, Pepper, Red pepper flakes
- Opt: Boost with ginger to taste
- 150 grams - Rice Noodles (Tip use 1/2 of that amount for more soup like consistency vs. noodle)
- Heat water or veggie broth in a wok or pot. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, sliced peppers, black pepper, tamari sauce, pecan sauce, and any additional seasoning and bring to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the greens and fresh herbs. Stir to incorporate. Stir in adding the sprouts right before you serve. Stir to incorporate and enjoy! Would also be good with tofu, add tofu cubes when you add the herbs in the boiling hot water.
Veggie Rice Wrap
- 1/4 Carrot - Sliced Fine into Matchsticks
- 1/2 Green Chili Pepper - Sliced in Matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
- 2 Rice Wraps
- Place Rice Wraps in Warm/Hot water for a couple of minutes, pull out and fill with 1/4 cup cooked rice, carrot sticks, green chili and mung bean sprouts.
- Wrap by folding the front and back inwards, take the left and wrap in and fold. Repeat. Set aside on plate. Opt to slice in half if serving 4, or increase the amount of rice wraps and filling. May be made ahead of time.