With that....I have a treat for you to try if you are up for it! These little vegetable croquettes are a fantastic spin on the standard version. This croquette has no bread, no eggs, no meat, dairy of any sort and is completely vegan and gluten-free! When I make the next batch I may try baking them for a healthier spin.
For a delicious treat or light meal this recipe is it! The croquettes are light and delicious almost like a veggie egg roll without the wrap. If you are up for it, give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 tbsp olive oil (replace w/ vegetable broth for oil free!)
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 carrot chopped finely or grated
- 1 cup dark leafy green vegetable
- 3 rice cakes - crumbled
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 "egg" (flaxmeal w/warm water)
- Combine ingredients
- Kneed until well combined, add a dash of water or more crumbled rice cakes (breadcrumbs) as needed.
- Shape into small logs
- Preheat oil in pan
- Fry on each side until nice and crispy
Parsley Chutney Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno
- dash of apple cider vinegar
- dash of water
- Pulse ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Serve on side for dipping sauce
We loved these and ate them right up!! I hope you will like them too!