1 Cup Oat Flour*
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt (or 1/4-1/2 tsp Elixir)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Vegan "Egg"*
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- Whisk your dry ingredients together, add wet to dry (one bowl!) or blend it in a blender or food processor for even more ease.
- Pour 1/3 cup (or desired size) into a pre-greased griddle heated to medium heat.
- Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles form and the edges are slightly golden, flip, cook for another 1-2 minutes or until when you touch it, they puff back up.
- Keep covered with a clean towel or in a plate in the oven on the lowest temperature while prepping the balance, unless you fit all 4, then hooray!
- Serve hot with favorite toppings.
For Extra Fluffy 9 Ingredient Oat Cakes Add:
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar to your dairy free milk first, curdle for 5 minutes.
1/2 tsp Baking Soda to your dry ingredients. Proceed as normal.
- OAT FLOUR: take old-fashioned oats or certified gluten-free oats, blend into flour. Measure 1 cup. Reserve extra for future recipes.
- VEGAN EGG: I used 1 tsp Psyillium husk with 4 Tbsp water, mix well, set aside. Another way is with 1 Tbsp Flax/Chia Meal and 3 Tbsp water. Add a dash of extra milk if needed.
- TIP: The recipe noticeably thickens by the time you make your last cakes, feel free to think out with dairy free milk or water. Or leave them thick and it makes them look extra fluffy!!
- TOP: We topped ours with homemade peanut butter, jam and agave syrup but top anyway you desire! Maple Syrup would be perfect!