- 2/3 cup Gluten-Free Flour*
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Dates, Soaked overnight and drained*
- 3/4 cup Raisins
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts*
- 2 Ripe Bananas or 3/4 cup Pureed Bananas
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tbsp Flax-Meal
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, less the raisins, and mix together.
- Place the flax-meal and hot water in a cup, stir, and set aside to congeal. Drain the soaked dates, place in a food processor and process until a date paste is formed, scraping down the sides as needed. Place in a small bowl.
- Take 2 ripe bananas and place in your food processor. Process until completely smooth. Add the banana puree, congealed flax-meal and vanilla to the small bowl with the date paste. Mix together until well combined.
- Incorporate the wet into the dry, mix well; breaking up any clumps. Add the raisins and combine. I find using my hands helps a lot here, kneading together.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets, modify cookie shape to your preference. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- A gluten-free baking blend will work here. I personally love this recipe for making our own!
- Soak the dates in hot water while you are prepping.
- Omit the nuts for a nut-free version.
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Begin baking with love in your heart and extend that love in each bite!
Best wishes for a beautiful week!