Oats and water plus a few other ingredients are all that will be needed to whip up a loaf of bread. It's not the fanciest loaf but it's warm, hot, gluten-free bread that works great as sandwich bread. Spread some nut butter and jam and you are eating few ingredients, all of which are healthy for you! No preservatives here, no additives, sugar, dairy, oil or gluten just 100% healthy ingredients to create a yummy sandwich!
For the bread:
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water
- 3 cups oat flour *Certified gluten free
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- Opt: 1/3 Cup Agave
- Handful of gluten free oats
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flax meal with 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water and let sit while prepping the balance.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Combine the congealed flax mixture to 1 1/2 cups of water and agave if using. Whisk until mixed together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place in greased and floured 9″ x 5″ loaf pan
- Bake for approximately 50+ minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Turn off oven and leave bread in oven to cool for about 30 minutes. Slice and serve!
Add Your Favorite Nut Butter and Jam. We chose a pecan butter with Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam!
5 Stars - Marcia writes:
Submitted on 2015/03/05 at 4:38 PM"This was absolutely delicious. This was only my 2nd try at using the bread machine first try did not come out so good. I used agave nectar, 1/3 cup. The bread was sweet and the texture was perfect. I am making it again, this time using molasses, because agave is so expensive. I highly recommend this recipe."