That with a cup of joe and we were ready to see JJ. After much dancing and jumping around we worked up an appetite, quinoa came to the rescue! Jam packed with protein, iron, fiber, lysine, magnesium, B2, and a high content of manganese our bodies were soon smiling. JJ came back for seconds and Jerry did too! With all the love going around I had to share the recipe with you so you and your family may enjoy it too. The best part is the recipe is very simple and very good for you!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water (or veg broth for extra flavor!)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 green onion
- 3/4 cup broccoli
- 1 carrot
- handful fresh parsely
- 2 +/- tbl gluten free soy sauce
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Place water in a pot, turn stove on high, add quinoa and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer stirring occasionally.
- Once the water is absorbed add seasoning and fresh vegetables. *Or use rice cooker = much easier! Add fresh vegetables at the end. Quick + easy = :)
- Serve with fresh cilantro on top!