1 Cup Almonds (or preferred nut/seed)
3/4 Cup Medjool Dates (pitted/soft)
Opt: Pinch Salt
Opt: 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Key-Lime Cheesecake Base:
1 1/2 Cups Cashews - Soaked until soft, drained and rinsed
3/4 Cup Coconut Milk (lite)
1/2 Cup Lime Juice
1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil (Coconut butter for oil-free)
1/3 Cup Agave (or favorite)
Red: 1/2 Cup Cheesecake + 3/4 Cup Strawberries
Orange: 1/2 Cup Cheesecake + 1/2 Cup Papaya + 1 tsp Turmeric
Yellow: 1/2 Cup Cheesecake + 1/2 Mango or Banana, 1/2 Cup Pineapple, Zest from 1 lemon
Green: 1/2 Cup Cheesecake + 2 Bananas + 2 tsp Spirulina
Blue-ish: 1/2 Cup Cheesecake + 1 1/4 Cup Blueberries (reserve 1/2 cup of this color) add additional blueberries as needed. Mine was more purple... but still tasty!
Indigo: 1/2 Cup Reserved Blueberry Cheesecake + 3/4 Cup Blackberries
Violet: 1/2 Cup Cheesecake + 1 banana + 2 blackberries (more as needed)
Top as desired, I used fresh fruit that was leftover from making this.
- Make crust, combine in food processor until sticky. Prepare your favorite pan. I used a spring-form pan, sprayed and lined with parchment paper, an X pattern to use as handles to lift it off the base and a circle on the base to avoid any sticking. You can also use an 8x8, a loaf pan or 12 silicone cupcake liners. Press into preferred mold. Place in freezer.
- Blend cheesecake base until excessively whipped and smooth, set aside.
- Make one color at a time, start with red and finish with violet. For the red, add the ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth. Pour on top of the crust, spread it out evenly and swirl or shake to settle. Freeze until firm or tacky, about 30-60 minutes.
- Wash the base and once the red layer is tacky, make the orange and pour on top. Repeat until done.
- Freeze until firm 6-8 hours, easily done overnight. Remove, decorate, thaw as desired and serve. YUM!