Murray Langham, Chocolate Therapy
- 1/3 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (Cream); Divided
- 3/4 Cup Filtered Water (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Cranberries
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- Sweetener as desired (we passed)
- 1 Tbsp Melted Chocolate Bar or Chips (Or below recipe)
- 1/2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tbsp Agave (+ more if desired)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cacao or Cocoa
- Combine the oats, 1/4 cup coconut milk, filtered water, raspberries, salt, cranberries, vanilla and any sweetener if desired in a rice cooker. Press cook and sit back as it cooks. Alternatively, place everything in a non stick pot, heat over medium-low heat until absorbed.
- Mix the chocolate sauce ingredients together until smooth. I made a larger batch and froze the extra in a heart mold and scooped out 1 Tbsp, feel free to do as you please.
- Mix the oatmeal ingredients together once done. Divide into two bowls. Pour the balance of the coconut milk on top (1/4 cup) and the chocolate sauce. Serve! Feel free to add extra goodies like coconut flakes, berries, bananas, cacao nibs etc.
- Use your favorite berry.
- Double the recipe for bigger bowls or more servings.
- Use your favorite non-dairy milk, the creamier the better.
Idea inspired from one of my favorite sources of chocolate inspiration Chocolate Covered Katie. Recipe modified from Strawberry Creme Oatmeal with Ruby Red Gems found in my new cookbook!
Without chocolate sauce and cream it looks like this. Still delicious!
PS - My husband is having a new event in Mexico City! I will be on site and would love the chance to meet you, share and even have some vegan food together! Wouldn't that be awesome! There will be a full day lecture and 2 full day tours. One is to the National Museum of Anthropology and the other is to Tula and Teotihuacan! This is the largest city in the world with more to do and see than you can imagine. We visited Mexico City and the sites in late 2015, climbed the pyramids and it is a must do. Hope to see you there. Love, Christa