I thought of gluten free cupcakes, fluffy cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes and finally it dawned on me - raw cupcakes with our ultimate favorite right now banana nice-cream!
I lined a cupcake liner with a cashew and date based crust infused with cinnamon and ginger. I stuck that in the freezer and the next morning made us strawberry banana nice-cream to fill the cupcake liner and for breakfast!
I put one scoop in each cupcake liner and topped with frozen berries. Placed them back in the freezer while I picked fresh flowers for the picture.
The most beautiful cupcakes I ever did see! Of course I am bias as I made them. ;)
Raw, Vegan & Gluten-Free Crust:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of ginger
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until it fine, leaving a few chunks if you'd like.
- Place the balance of the ingredients in the food processor, pulse until well combined, use a spoon or spatula to push down sides as needed. It will stick together when you pinch it once it is ready.
- Place the mixture into 3 Silicone Cupcake Liners and press with wet fingers to mold to the shape. Place in the freezer overnight.
2 Ingredient: Strawberry Banana NiceCream:
- 3 cups frozen bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- Pulse the bananas and berries in a high speed blender. Push sides in the center with the spatula, continuing to pulse until it is whipped.
- Place 1 scoop in the cupcake liner and top with berries. Grab a spoon and enjoy or place in the freezer to firm up more.
- We chose to place the cupcakes in the freezer and enjoyed the remainder of strawberry banana nice cream in a cup, topped with berries!
"You don't have to be a chef or even a particularly good cook to experience proper kitchen alchemy: the moment when ingredients combine to form something more delectable than the sum of their parts."