Why do our bodies crave Quinoa? (Keen-wa)
- Complete protein
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids
- Contains 2 X as much fiber as other grains
- High content of manganese and magnesium
- High in B2, Iron and has Lysene! Want more info? Click here.
It is also heart healthy, regulates blood sugar levels, promotes longevity, improves digestion an SO much more. Learn all about Quinoa from the history to present day use. Click here.
Knowing this makes me want to eat quinoa even more! It's a staple in our home and organic red quinoa was a sure treat offering a rich beautiful color. I made 2 batches on Sunday and have enjoyed it in salads, wraps, dinners etc. It's fabulous!
For this wrap I took a red cabbage leaf, topped it with homegrown mung bean sprouts,with pre-cooked quinoa, added some homemade salsa, ripe grape tomatoes and an avocado. Feel free to add your favorite dressing and mix up the wrap. Best part? It only takes 6 ingredients and 5 minutes of time!
- 2 Red Cabbage Leafs
- 1/2 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked red quinoa
- 4 tbsp salsa
- 1 avocado - sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- Cut near base of cabbage, carefully peel back leaf for the wrap
- Top with 1/4 cup sprouts per wrap
- Top with 1/4 cup pre-cooked red quinoa per wrap
- Top with salsa, avocado and tomatoes. Opt: add your favorite dressing!!!
I modified the photo of the red quinoa wrap, isn't it beautiful? You are eating a rainbow of health!