A typical family would celebrate the 4th of July with a BBQ, enjoying hamburgers and hotdogs and more. What if this holiday we celebrated independence from meat? That we, who so choose a plant-based diet, are in a sense free. We experience the freedom to choose to eat food free of harmful GMO's, the freedom to be different from the norm and try something new, the freedom from many diseases and the joy of good health! I'll drink to that!
We have the hope for freedom from high cholesterol, saturated foods, heart disease and cancer. "Some people think that the "plant-based, whole foods diet" is extreme. Half a million people a year will have their chests opened up and a vein taken from their leg and sewn into their coronary artery. Some people would call that extreme." Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. If you haven't checked out Forks Over Knives, I highly recommend it! See the movie free on Hulu.
Thankfully, this shake is delicious whether you eat meat or not! Try it out!!!
- Handful almonds
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- handful fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 ice cubes
- Scoop of chocolate hemp protein powder (or your favorite!)
- Place ingredients into high-speed blender.
- Place on smoothie setting or blend at high-speed until a smoothie consistency is formed.
- Pour and top with a strawberry and blueberries!
Check this out, a great review!