My love, Christa
1/2 Cup Almond Butter (nut/seed butter)
1 Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
2 Tbsp Flax Meal
6 Tbsp Water
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Cocao Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
Opt: Chocolate Chips to top
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan or preferred pan, sift cocoa powder over the base.
- Combine the flax meal with the water, set aside for 5 minutes to congeal. Using warm water makes this happen quicker.
- In a blender or food processor combine the dates, almond butter, congealed flax mixture and vanilla. Process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed until it is a sticky silky mixture with few chunks remaining.
- Sift in the cacao powder, salt and almond flour for perfect results.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Opt to top with chocolate chips or leave as is, both are great.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, I took them 18 minutes as I like them very fudgy.
- Remove, cool, slice and enjoy!
Optional Almond Butter Frosting:
Mix a couple spoonfuls of almond butter, add syrup to sweeten like maple or agave, and opt to add a tinsy bit of oil like coconut oil or coconut butter (melted) for a glossy effect. Yum! Make as little or as much as you want.
- HEALTHY? YES!
- Makes 8 Brownies if baked in a loaf pan.
- Sift vs. blending in dry ingredients? You can totally add the dry ingredients to the wet in the blender or food processor. The difference is shown in the pics. The ones with chocolate chips are blended, the others are sifted. I think the sifted provides more "perfect" results however, they both taste just as good!!
- Allergic to nuts? Use seed butter like tahini and use your preferred flour.
- No dates? Use a syrup or sugar like coconut sugar vs. dates.
- Stiff dates? Soak first.