- 8 oz White Button Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Minced Onion
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- OPT: 1/4-1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Guar Gum or 2 Tbsp Starch (Corn, Arrowroot, Potato...)
- Dice the mushrooms fine.
- In a small-medium pot, add the soy sauce and onions. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until the onions are soft.
- Add the tahini, garlic, liquid smoke if you are using it and pepper, mix together.
- Add the mushrooms and cover them in the sauce.
- Add the dairy free milk and maple syrup. Add 1 tsp guar gum, whisk together and heat until desired flavor and thickness. Adjust to your liking and serve!
Adapted and inspired by HotforFood.