First, I like to make homemade nut milk. For this recipe I did almond milk, simply because that is what we had on hand.
Homemade Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cups Almonds
- 3 1/2 Cups Water
Blend on high speed for 50 seconds or on Juice Setting. Filter and store for other recipes. Reserve 1 1/2 cups unfiltered as well as the almond mash, use in the recipe below.
Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
- 2/3 Cups Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk (or dairy free milk)
- 3/4 Cup Raisins or Cranberries
- Opt: Almond Mash (leftover from Almond Milk if making)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- Dash of Ginger and Allspice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- + Your favorite toppings
- Place everything but the toppings in the rice cooker.
- Stir well. Press cook and relax as breakfast is made.
- Once it click's and is done, stir, place in bowls and top. I used cranberries, coconut flakes, banana coins and a drizzle of agave for the video. I've also used a number of other combinations. This morning I added a little almond milk on top and it was even better! I recommend this step! :)
- Cook on the stove. Combine ingredients in a pot, stir frequently and cook until desired consistency. About 15-20 minutes.
- Use Gluten-Free Oats for Gluten-Free
- Use Oat, Rice, Seed or Coconut milk for Nut-Free.
- Add pumpkin spice, cloves, nutmeg and or cinnamon sticks for more spice.
- Top with fresh berries and/or fresh fruit!
Note: Gluten-Free Oats are not recommended for those with a severe allergy to Gluten such as Celiac disease.