2 Tbsp Olive or Avocado Oil or Vegetable Broth/Water for Oil-Free
1 Small Red Onion - Chopped
3/4 Tbsp. Fresh Minced Garlic
2 Carrots - Chopped
1 Jalapeño - Chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper - Chopped
1 Cup Zucchini - Chopped
1 3/4 Cup Chopped Red Cabbage
3 - 4 Cups Basmati Rice (Pre-cooked & Cooled)
To Taste: Soy or Tamari Sauce
To Taste: Pepper
- Wash and chop the vegetables. I like to try to make them around the same size, in a cube shape.
- Heat some oil in a wok, I used avocado oil. Once hot, add the chopped onions. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, add the minced garlic, stir until fragrant.
- Add the chopped carrots, jalapeno and red bell pepper. Mix together and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chopped zucchini, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage, cook for another minute or two.
- Add the cooked rice. 3-4 cups, as desired, mix together. *Tip make the rice the day before, it makes a great fried rice.
- Season with a generous amount of soy or tamari sauce and black pepper, mix, taste, adjust, serve hot! Easy and irresistible.
Adjust and use your favorite vegetables or what you have on hand. Add additional seasoning / sauce as desired. Adapted/inspired from Thriving on Plants.