- 1/2 Cup Packed Soft Medjool Dates - Pitted
- 1/6 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/6 Cup Maple Syrup (or your favorite)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter
1/2-3/4 Cup Favorite Chocolate Chips - Melted
- Combine the instant caramel ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until combined, push down the sides, repeat and process for 3-5 minutes until there are virtually no date pieces left and it is a thick and creamy caramel.
- I used a 5 x 5 Tupperware, you could use your preferred base. Spray the inside, cover the inside with plastic wrap, sprayed again. Spread the caramel evenly in the base, cover the top and then freeze until firm. I froze overnight.
- Melt the chocolate chips (or make your own) in a double broiler over low heat.
- With a wet or lightly greased knife, remove the set caramel from the plastic wrap, slice the caramel into desired size. I did two regular bars, and the rest as little caramel bites. It would make 5-6 larger bars otherwise.
- Carefully place the caramel piece on a fork, with a spoon, pour on the melted chocolate over the caramel, covering the top, sides and base. Spread if needed. Allow the chocolate to drip off and then place on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper. Proceed until done. Opt to drizzle with a little extra chocolate on top for an inviting design.
- Place in freezer until they set, consume. I let them firm 1-2 hours as the caramel needs firm up after being exposed to the warm chocolate. Enjoy!!