- Buttery yet Oil-Free & Featured in this video.
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (click for recipe)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Pink Himilayan is nice)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chilled Cubed Coconut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
Prepare with Love:
- Preheat your oven to 450° F or about 232° C.
- Mix the coconut milk and lemon juice together, place in the fridge to chill.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add about 1 cup of the flour in a food processor with the chilled coconut butter. Pulse until well combined. You can also cut it in or grate it in. Pour this back into the bowl with the other flour, mix until well combined and little pieces of coconut butter are distributed.
- Add the chilled coconut milk mixture, this acts as a buttermilk. Mix 15 times and it should come together very nicely. Give it a gentle knead to hold together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Flour your pin and give the dough a gentle roll. Fold it over, roll it out in a rectangular shape, gently so it stays over 1/2" thick. Fold it over again, roll and repeat until you have done this 5 times. This creates nice layered pockets while baking. On the fifth time, shape it into a thick rectangle over 1/2" thick. You can also use your hands if you don't have a rolling pin.
- Flour a 2 1/2" cutter or a mason jar lid, cup lid etc. and cut into a circular shape. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until done, placing the biscuits next to one another so they bake into each other.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden and hollow sounding when you flick the backside. Place in a bowl lined with a clean towel, cover to keep warm. Enjoy in a number of ways!
- Use coconut oil if not going for oil-free.
- You can opt for all purpose flour or a mix of white and wheat for non gluten-free.
- Feel free to add 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp of sweetener.
- Nutirional information is based on 1 biscuit.
Serving Size 1 of 5 Calories: 317 Total Fat: 16.7 g Carbs: 41.8 g Sugar: 3.1 g Sodium: 610.2 mg Fiber: 9 g Protein: 6.4 g
You may also like some of these other videos I published recently. A winter special with Erica Vetra, Healthy Muffins 3 Ways with Frosting! and aChannel Trailer for YouTube that is quick, short and made with most watched moments. I've also been working with my husband in his Anunnaki Series, he put a lot of time and effort into it and it turned out really great. Thanks as always for your support! Love and light, Christa