- 1/2 lb black beans
- 1/2 lb mayacoba beans (Cannellini or great Northern beans)
- 1 cup red onion - chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic - diced
- 4-5 serrano peppers - sliced
- 1 green bell pepper or 2 green chilis
- 2 limes squeezed
- SPICES: A generous amount of garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, cilantro, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, black pepper and cumin.
- Soak Beans Overnight
- The next morning, rinse beans very well (look for rocks - seriously!), cover with water and boil until they are almost done.
- Rinse very well, add fresh water to cover beans.
- Add freshly chopped vegetables and spices. Stir in to combine.
- Boil 30-60 minutes to infuse the flavor and allow the vegetables to cook.
- Serve hot.
- Serve hot over brown rice
- Mix in a food processor to make a bean paste similar to "refried beans" but healthier!
- Use a side with brown rice, raw or sauteed vegetables served for fajitas or a taco!
- Make nachos with beans on top!
- Enjoy on top of salads! The options are endless!
This meal is very healthy and can be included as a part of the 30 Day Cleanse. Enjoy!
Best wishes for a vibrant month! Starfire Gold on Amazon now!