After becoming vegan I thought my quiche days were over, well fear not! This is a homemade quiche that is soy free, oil free, gluten free, nut free, dairy free (no eggs or cheese) is packed with quinoa, herbs and fresh vegetables!
A low calorie, intensely satisfying meal! I will definitely be making this again, I can't wait to explore variations!
Take some Quinoa and grind to make a flour.
- 4 cups loosely packed kale - de-stemmed and chopped
- 2 + tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped (Red if you have it!)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6-10 cloves garlic, minced ( haha we love it, feel free to cut back )
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cups quinoa flower
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt (opt), pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups of water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9" spring loaf or cake pan.
- Prepare vegetables using 6 of the 10 garlic cloves and cilantro. (I chopped the kale and tomato with my knife, the balance in the food processor.) Place chopped vegetables in a large bowl, set aside.
- In blender combine the flower, spices and water. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour the frothy mixture over in the large bowl over the chopped vegetables. Use a spoon to combine. Pour into prepped pan.
- Bake for 40-50+ minutes until the top is brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, slice, garnish with an avocado and dig in!