It is also like drinking a multi-vitamin! Spirulina is incredibly high in B-12 more than 3-4 times higher than that found in liver.
It contains a wide range of minerals:
- MAGNESIUM SODIUM
- PHOSPHORUS and more!
- It has a high volume of Beta-Carotene to protect your cells, 5 x's more than carrots and 40 x's more than spinach!
It is stated consumption of Spirulina leads to optimal health and in a current environment full of pollution and toxins, Spirulina is more than recommended some state it is required!
I have you to thank for the discovery of Spirulina as I found it through this blog. Blogging has led to the discovery of so many healthy new vegetables, fruits, herbs, tinctures, elixirs, supplements and more! I love learning more and am thrilled to share what I learn with you! It's hard to believe it's been over 2 years since I started blogging and over 1 year since I released my first cookbook! I'm currently working on a brand new cookbook with BRIGHT vibrant plant based recipes that I can't wait to release to you!
Okay lets get down to business and make a HEALTHY smoothie!
- 1 Cup Filtered Water
- 1 Medium Apple, Sliced
- 1 Cup Frozen Banana Pieces
- 1 Cup Frozen Papaya Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Red Grapes, Raw
- 1 Cup Butterhead Lettuce, Chopped (or Favorite green)
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Soaked Dates (soak overnight)
- 2 Tbsp protein powder
- 1 Tsp Seaweed, spirulina powder, dried
- OPT: 1 Tsp Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder
1. Combine Ingredients in a High Speed Blender
2. Blend on Smoothie setting or high speed until a smooth consistency.
3. Pour and serve cold!
I hope you enjoy the many benefits of spirulina and this smoothie!
To your health!