- Are ranked as having the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit .
- Help fight disease and aging by neutralizing free radicals within the body.
- Can aid in reducing belly fat!
- Help promote a healthy urinary tract.
- Have been proved to restore eye vision.
- Provide a healthy brain helping to keep your memory sharp!
- Help provide a healthy heart.
- Aid in constipation relief and digestion support.
- Can help prevent and cure cancer.
- Are a natural anti-depressant. :)
To make this healthy yet so satisfying smoothie all you need are Bananas, Blueberries and Cashew Milk!
- Pour and top with banana slices or your favorite treat
- Enjoy the delicious benefits!
- If you are out of blueberries use a different berry or fruit!
- Use a different non dairy milk or leave it out for nice-cream! Pulse and use a spatula to get 'er done.
- Add protein powder and other fun supplements. (We did!)
I can see why this berry was idolized! I don't think we will start that practice but we can sure give thanks for the health benefits!
He exudes MOXIE! What is Moxie?
"The word moxie has a life of its own. It's slang for strength, energy, courage, and mental sharpness combined. It's synonymous with having guts, spunk, spirit, fortitude, street smarts, and chutzpah! It is the determination and courage to move forward in the face of all that life throws your way. It is operating from strength of purpose: following your heart and soul, not your circumstances; and facing difficulty with courage and grit."
Yep, that pretty much sums him up!
That was taken from the book "Life Moxie: Ambition on a Mission" written by Ann Tardy. My mom invited me to a woman's conference in Seattle 6 years ago or so with inspirational women. Ann Tardy caught my eye, she came in and grabbed your undivided attention. She had confidence, was bold and was everything she wrote about. I bought her book instantly and had her sign a copy. I finally finished reading it after all these years. In the past I picked it up read a bit, was inspired, put it back. This time I read it front to cover and really enjoyed the encouragement and positive outlook on life.
The 9 strategies to taking life by the horns are:
- Beat the Alarm Clock - Putting Your Ambition on a Mission, define a goal or dream that will springboard you out of bed in the morning!
- Celebrate Your Wins - Acknowledge your Successes
- Choose Your Channel - Mute the Naysayers and Turn Up the Yaysayers! In other words, keep positive people around that are just as on fire as you about your dreams and avoid negative influences.
- Say Yes First, Figure out the How Later - Jumping in without a Plan. (I'm very good at this one!)
- Act As If - Fake It 'Til You Make It!
- Respond, Don't Just React - Making Lemonade when Life Throws You Lemons
- Ask - Get What You Need and Want
- Be Uncomfortable - Choose Your Mission over Your Comfort (We're also very good at this one!)
- Keep Moving - Making Molehills out of a Mountain
The message is anyone can have Moxie and create Moxie! So let's follow those dreams... :)
I hope you enjoy the Star Berry Elixir of Love!