1 Block Firm Tofu - Non GMO Organic
2 tsp Filtered Water
2 tsp Corn Starch or Arrowroot
4 Tbsp Corn Flour or preferred flour
2 Tbsp Oil or Vegetable Broth for oil-free
1/2-1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
4 Small Cloves Garlic
1 Heaping Cup Chopped Onions
1 Heaping Cup Sliced Carrots
1 Heaping Cup Chopped Zucchini
1 1/2 Cups Pre-Cooked Rice (made the day before; it makes for a great stir-fry)
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari for gluten-free
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 Tbsp Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish. Drain the tofu, slice into cubes and place in the marinade, using a spoon if needed to cover each piece. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the vegetables, then pre-heat the oven, place it on broil or highest heat setting. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greased foil.
- In a very small dish mix together 2 tsp water and 2 tsp corn starch. In another small dish place the flour. Set up a station: marinated tofu, cornstarch mixture and flour and gently dip one piece of tofu at a time in the cornstarch mixture, then dip each side in flour and transfer to the prepared pan. Repeat until done. Save the remaining marinade, set aside. Broil for 15 minutes, carefully flip and broil 10 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, make the stir fry. Preheat a wok over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp. of oil or vegetable broth for oil-free. Add the red pepper flakes and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the balance of the stir fry ingredients less the rice. Heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add the rice and remaining marinade, mix together, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve hot with crispy tofu on top!