- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 peaches
- Agave to taste
- Opt: Pinch of Beet Powder
- Pre-line dehydrator sheet with good quality plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Place the above ingredients in your food processor or blender, process until smooth.
- Pour onto the dehydrator sheet, spreading it out so the edges are thicker than the center. Feel free to garnish with any toppings. Dehydrate as per your dehydrators instructions. I did mine at 105 degrees to keep them living / raw until the center was no longer wet and they were tacky.
- Once done, prep space with a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Carefully flip the fruit roll ups on a sheet, the dried leather should lift at the edges, carefully peel away the plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- If any undesired edges exist, cut them away with a pizza cutter, use the edges as a treat for wondering eyes or yourself. Cut into desired strips, I used a ruler to measure and kitchen scissors. Roll them up, tie them or use a rubber band. Store in a mason jar or air-proof container out of direct heat and sunlight, if they last that is. :)
- A variety of flavor combinations can be used for making your own fruit roll ups / leathers. Feel free to use the fruit combination you desire.
- Opt to garnish the fruit leathers with a variety of toppings or even fill once done with delicious treats. Note: once filled consume immediately.
- If the leather becomes brittle, you can chop it in your blender or food processor for chips or reconstitute by soaking 1 cup of chips in 1/2 cup boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Smooth in a blender or food processor and use it as a topping or pie filling!