- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 1 Cup Pre-Cooked Rice or grain of choice
- 1 Cup Pre-Cooked Beans of choice
- Guacamole or Avocado
- Slice the poblano peppers in half. Carefully remove the ribbing and seeds.
- Place skin side up, slice side down, on a pan and broil for 10-20 minutes, flip, take them 10 more minutes until charred.
- Once cool enough to touch, fill with rice, then beans, then add salsa and include some salsa juice so it soaks into the rice and beans.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until hot. Pro-tip: pre-heat beans and rice.
- Remove, enjoy with avocado or guacamole on top. Muy Rico! Very tasty/delicious!!
3 Roma Tomatoes
1/4 Sm Onion - Roughly Chopped (or slice a wedge from a large onion)
1 Clove of Garlic - Peeled
1 Handful Fresh Cilantro - Lightly Chopped
1 Lime - Freshly Squeezed
1 Serrano Pepper - Lightly Chopped
S&P to taste
Combine ingredients in a food processor, pulse until desired consistency. Enjoy! You can also make it by hand and chop finer.
Repeat everything, replaceing the tomatoes with 1 large avocado or 2 small avocadoes. If you like a tomato in yours, feel free to add one.
With both, adjust to taste, especially the spice level depending how you like it.
With lots of love,
PS - A new fall recipe is coming your way soon!