16 Apples (Fresh Organic, Crisp, Slightly Sweet)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice - Freshly Squeezed
1 Cup Filtered Water
1 Cup Medjool Dates - Pitted
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Wash the apples, peel and core. Place the apples, pitted medjool dates, lemon juice and water in a pot over medium-high heat for 7 minutes. Stirring occasionally, as needed.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes or more if needed, until the apples are soft. Stirring occasionally as needed to avoid sticking.
- Stir in the cinnamon and mash up the apples. You can also run it through a sieve / food mill or allow to cool and blend until smooth. Enjoy as is or store in a sealed container in the fridge, freeze for longer term storage, use as an oil replacement and more.
- This recipe can be reduced for smaller batches or increased for larger batches very well.
- Leaving the apple skin on will result in an even healthier batch with more fiber, yet ensure the apples have not been sprayed and are organic. I haven't tried this method yet.
- See my other recipe for a different unique version.