- 3/4 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 Block Firm Tofu (Drained, Gently Dabbed with Clean Towel)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Packed or Big Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 Tbsp Tamari Sauce
- Spices to taste; I used (1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp ground coriander (fennel seed would be nice), oregano and sage)
- Cut four squares of parchment paper and aluminum foil. Pull about six inches worth out, tear it off and cut it in half. Repeat. Layer the foil with the parchment paper on top.
- Set-up your steamer. Bring water to a boil.
- Combine everything in a food processor. Process until it comes together, it will be sticky.
- Use a spoon or spatula and scoop out 1/4 of the amount. With wet hands, shape into sausage. Place it into the parchment lined foil, fixing as needed, and roll it up like a tootsie pop. Repeat until done.
- Steam for 15 minutes. Remove from steamer carefully. Cool to touch and un-wrap carefully.
- Prepare as you wish: Grill 3-4 minutes on each side, saute in oil 3-4 minutes each side or until browned, bake or use as desired.
Notes to the Chef:
- You can use parchment or aluminum vs. both. The aluminum leaches into your food so that is why the parchment paper is also used.
- You can use an electronic steamer or make one with a pot of boiling water, a steaming basket and lid to fully cover. Bring the water to a boil.
- My Tofu block was 349 grams. Soy-Free coming soon! I tested and it was not good enough to share...yet. :) Try this soy-free version or this spicy soy-free version.