- 3/4 Cup Oats (Gluten-Free variety if allergic)
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Dash of Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp Crystallized Ginger
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- Place the ingredients in a rice cooker. Stir. Press Cook. Once it is cooked, stir, divide between two bowls and top as desired. I added a splash of coconut milk and a tiny drizzle of maple syrup. Perfect!
- If you don't have a rice cooker: place everything in a small-medium sized pot. Heat over medium-low heat, place a lid on top, stir occasionally to avoid sticking, cook until desired consistency. Serve as desired.
- You can use only water. You can use only dairy free milk. Or your favorite mix based on what you have.
- You can replace the sweet potato and use other fruits. I used mashed banana and boy, that was good! Feel free to change with the seasons and what you have.
- Omit raisins and crystallized ginger if watching sugar, reduces the sugar significantly, see nutritional information below.
- Omit ginger if allergic, feel free to add nutmeg or other spice.
Nutritional Information | Servings: 2 Bowls
Serving Size: 1 Bowl | Calories: 260 Calories | Total Fat: 3.3 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g | Carbohydrates: 53 grams | Sugar: 18.9 grams
Sodium: 63 mg | Fiber: 5.9 grams | Protein: 7.5 grams
Nutritional Information without raisins and crystallized ginger | Servings: 2 Bowls
Serving Size: 1 Bowl | Calories: 186 Calories | Total Fat: 3.2 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.0 g | Carbohydrates: 33.5 grams | Sugar: 4.5 grams
Sodium: 60 mg | Fiber: 4.9 grams | Protein: 6.7 grams