2 1/2 Cups Cauliflower Florets
1 Tbsp Flax Meal
3 Tbsp Water
2/3 Cup Dairy Free Milk
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 Cup Flour (I used corn flour / harina de maiz)
1/2 Cup Flour (I used corn flour / harina de maiz)
1/4 Cup Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs (like panko OR rice cakes crushed)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Paprika
Dash Ginger (omit if allergic)
Sweet & Spicy Marinade & Dipping Sauce
2 Tbsp Tamari Sauce (Soy or Coconut Aminos for Soy-free)
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce (or preferred hot sauce)
4 Tbsp Maple or Agave Syrup
Mix and set aside.
- Wash cauliflower and pat it dry with a clean dish towel (lint-free).
- Mix the flax and water, set aside. Mix the dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow to curdle for 5 minutes. Add the dijon mustard, mix in. Add the flour, mix in. add the congealed egg and mix well. A thick mixture, sure to coat!!
- For the dry, mix everything in a bowl.
- Dip the cauliflower in the dry ingredients with one hand. I used my right hand. Coat completely so the wet sticks.
- Take the cauliflower with the dry hand and drop/place it in the wet, without getting your hand wet.
- Take your opposite hand, I used my left hand, and dunk the cauliflower to ensure it is fully coated in the wet. Take it out, tap off the excess. Place it in the dry.
- Use your dry hand to sprinkle the flour on top. Use your messy hand to pick it up as needed, ensure it is generously coated in flour, tap off the excess. Transfer it to a lined baking sheet. Repeat until done.
- Bake for 40 minutes carefully flipping after 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the Sweet & Spicy Marinade and Dipping Sauce. Mix the ingredients together, you can use two dishes one for serving and one for coating to keep the serving dish clean.
- Remove the cauliflower, keep it on the pan, place the pan on a cooling rack. Use a brush to cover the cauliflowers in the marinade completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes, I did not flip.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce or favorite dipping sauce like vegan ranch. Enjoy!!