Want some? Here is how you can make them!
- 1-2 tablespoons oil (I used grape seed)
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 1 package organic tempeh
- To taste: Taco seasoning (about 1/4 package)
- 1 tsp cumin
- To taste: red pepper flakes, dash of black pepper and pinch of garlic salt
- 1/2 grapefruit - juiced
- 1 tsp agave
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 very small lemon - juiced
- Few sprigs fresh cilantro
- handful fresh sprouts (I used mung bean sprouts)
- 4 cabbage leafs
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Chop 1/4 of the onion + 1 slice, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 Serrano pepper in a food processor and place in the pan. Saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Crumble the tempeh and add to the onion and garlic mixture.
- Saute and add the taco seasoning, cumin, red pepper flakes, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix through out. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Squeeze the grapefruit juice into the mixture, add the agave and mix throughout. Reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally and prepare the salsa.
- Take a cabbage leaf, place a small handful of fresh sprouts on the bottom, cover with sweet & spicy taco mixture and top with homemade salsa. When you eat it, wrap it up and dig in! Serve with a napkin. :)
- Take the 2 large tomatoes, dice into chunks and place in food processor.
- Add the balance of the onion, garlic and Serrano pepper. Add the cilantro, juice of the lemon.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, black pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes to your liking and then process until a salsa consistency is formed.
Makes a filling, healthy and low-cal dinner for 2! Increase quantity as needed.
For dessert my husband made the most amazing ice-cream! He even gave me his recipe and is letting me share! Here you go!