- 1 1/2 Cups Rice (White, Brown, Black..)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 batch Thai Red Chili Hot Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florrets
- 1/2 Cup Carrot Slices - Sliced Thin
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic - Minced
- 3/4 Cup Sweet Peas - Sliced in Thirds
- 6 Slices Cucumber
- Handful Fresh Cilantro
- Combine the rice and water in a rice cooker, press cook. You may also prepare on the stove.
- Prepare the Thai Red Chili Hot Sauce and set aside. Click the link for the easy recipe.
- Wash and chop the vegetables.
- When the rice is done, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Roll the oil around. Add the onion and saute, let it begin to caramelize, add the garlic and stir. Add the balance of the vegetables, adding the additional coconut oil if needed. Saute the vegetables for 2-3 minutes, add 1/4 cup of Thai Red Chili Hot Sauce, fresh cilantro and mix well. Leave on for a flavor infusion for 1-2 minutes. It will be done when the sweet peas, carrots and broccoli are easy to eat yet still a touch crisp and vibrant. Taste testing is a fun way to see!
- Pack 3/4 cups of rice in a measuring cup. Thwack the end of the measuring cup to release the rice into the bowl. Surround with the vegetable stir fry and serve with a few slices of cucumber. Repeat for the second bowl. I'll often give my husband 1 cup of rice and me 1/2 cup. Tip: Save the balance of the rice for vegetable fried rice, recipe coming next. Enjoy!!
PS - My new cookbook is now for sale on Amazon and is selling, hooray! I'd love it if were in your kitchen! I'm working on the e-version now! :)