The smells are enough to drive you wild while the meal is cooking. I did my best to mimic the one of a kind BIG bowls from Sipz filled with goodness. Their sauces are to die for so I did my best to do them justice!
- To make the Spicy House Sauce mix the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes together in a medium sized bowl.
- Take 1 extra firm block of tofu, drain the liquid and dab it with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to remove the excess liquid. Slice into bit sized cubes.
- Place the tofu in the Spicy House Sauce and let marinade for 10+ minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and a little drizzle of oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Grab a wok and a medium sized pan to steam the broccoli. Set aside.
- Carefully place the tofu on the prepared cookie sheet, saving the excess liquid for the vegetable stir fry. Place the tofu in the oven and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the tofu bakes, heat sesame oil in the wok. Add onions and garlic and stir-fry until slightly soft about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, Serrano pepper and bell pepper and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the balance of the Spicy House Sauce leftover from the marinade to give the vegetables a flavor boost! Saute until desired consistency.
- Simultaneously place enough water to cover the bottom of a pan, place the broccoli in the pan and saute for 5-8 minutes until bright green and tender.
- Place the Veggie Stir Fry in the bottom of a bowl, take 1/2 cup of pre-cooked brown rice and place on the side, surround with steamed broccoli and top with baked tofu. Enjoy!!!
Have a great weekend!!