You scoop in, a little quinoa, a little stew – savoring the scent one last time… and you taste it. It tastes even better than it smells. Deep, rich flavors. Comfort wafts over your body like a heavy blanket on a cool night. Your body is filled with nutrition, vitamins and nutrients soar through your veins. The meal leaves you feeling invigorated, satisfied, comforted.
The best news? Leftovers. They can be frozen, used over pasta, repeat this meal, add broth and noodles and call it minestrone soup. I mean really. This has it all. Use whatever veg you have on hand. I hand crafted this recipe with each flavor in mind. Enjoy each bite.
With love, your foodie friend,
- 2 Carrots - Peeled & Sliced in Coins
- 2 Zucchini / Summer Squash - Quartered
- 1 White Onion - Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 Cup Fresh Green Beans - Snap Ends off, Slice in 1/2" Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Lentils, Dry Uncooked
- 2 Cups Fresh Tomatoes - Chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Puree (organic) 16 oz
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Minced Herbs (Basil, Parsley)
- 1 tsp Oregano, 1 tsp Rosemary dry (or more freshly minced)
- Red Pepper Flakes, Black Pepper, Salt to taste
- Opt: 2 Tbsp Vegan Parmesan ++
- In a large skillet or medium pot add 2 tbsp of the vegetable broth. Add the carrots, zucchini, onions and bell pepper. Cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds.
- Add the balance less the seasoning and herbs: green beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable broth and lentils. Bring to a boil, cover. Reduce to low, simmer for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally until the lentils are done.
- Add the minced herbs and seasoning. Taste adjust if desired. Serve hot!
- We served ours with quinoa, salad and tortillas. This is also great over pasta, in a casserole, with brown rice or other grains, with crust bread. Add 3 cups of broth and 1 cup of macaroni noodles for a minestrone soup. Freeze this, reheat. Have fun!
1 Cup Almonds (cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia...), 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp garlic salt. Blend/Blitz into fine powder. Adjust to taste. Store in a jar/airtight proof container in a dark cool place.