Gluten-Free, Paleo, Raw & Vegan Pie Crust!
- 4 cups cashews (or your favorite nut)
- 1 1/2 cups dates (figs, raisins, apricots etc...be creative)
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cardamom, nutmeg, allspice and sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp brown rice syrup (or your favorite: agave, maple syrup etc)
- Place nuts in a food processor or high-speed blender (the Blendtec rocks!)
- Chop fine and add spices, chop to distribute
- Add dates and syrup. Combine until mixture balls up and sticks together.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9" pie pan or spring-form pan. Keep a bowl of water handy to keep fingers moist while pressing into pan. Place prepared pie into freezer.
Cherry Banana Cream Filling:
- 3 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 2+ hrs)
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup fruit (papaya, mango, mixed berries. I used fresh pitted WA cherries!)
- 1 tbsp potato starch (or thickening agent such as corn or arrowroot starch)
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Dash of ginger powder
- Place ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust. Place in fridge for a cream pie and allow to set to become more firm.
- Cover with fresh and or dried fruits, nuts, carob chips, coconut flakes etc. Have fun and enjoy!
Opt: Freeze to enjoy a sensational frozen treat! Jerry says it's even better frozen!
To good health,
Christa ~ Artistic Vegan