- 1.5 Cup Onion - Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Garlic - Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Turmeric - Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Jalapenos - Sliced (+/-)
- 1 Cup Turnips - Peeled and Sliced
- 1 Cup Carrots - Peeled and Sliced
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth (Or 3 Cups Broth / 3 Cups Water)
- 1 1/3 Cups Lentils
- 1/2 tsp (ea) Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Dark Leafy Greens - Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro - Loose (Opt: Touch of Dill & Basil)
- Wash and prepare the vegetables.
- Place everything in a pot except for the dark leafy greens and herbs.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 30+ minutes until the lentils are done.
- Stir in the fresh greens and fresh Cilantro. Serve hot, season additionally to taste.
Pairs well with crackers! Try my homemade Pecan Dill Crackers!