I decided to make Roasted Chick Peas! While they were cooking I prepped a hearty salad. I started with a bed of quinoa, topped it with chopped kale, surrounded it with red cabbage and red onion, fresh mung beans and topped it with chopped cucumber.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 2 hearty servings!
Roasted Chick Peas:
- 1 can chick peas (Garbanzo Beans) - drained and rinsed
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 knob minced ginger
- To taste: salt and red pepper flakes
- Slice of lemon - Squeezed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, prep a cooking sheet with parchment paper and olive oil spray.
- Add all of the ingredients in a bowl or bag and mix well.
- Pour chick pea mixture over prepped baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve as a side or enjoy as a salad topping!
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked and cooled quinoa
- 2-3 leaves kale - remove stems and chop
- Thin slice of red cabbage - chopped
- 1-2 slices red onion - chopped
- 1/4 of a large cucumber - chopped
- Few fresh mung bean sprouts
- 2 slices mango - chopped
- Opt: 1 Serrano pepper - chopped
- Start with a 1/4 cup of kale in each bowl.
- Top with Kale.
- Add red cabbage, red onion, mung beans, cucumber and roasted chick peas
- Toss and top with mango and Serrano! Enjoy with your favorite dressing!