Vegan Refried Beans (click for recipe)
Tortillas - 12-24 (depending how hungry)
Vegan Cheese Recipe:
1/2 Cup Cashews (soaked until soft)
1/4 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (or Tamari/Coconut Aminos for Soy-Free)
2 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- If you are making your beans, do that first.
- While the beans cook, preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat your tortillas and set aside. I place one tortilla over a medium flame on the gas stove for about 30 seconds each side. Use tongs to flip. Set in a lint-free kitchen towel to stay warm.
- Prepare your cheese by blending everything together until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Place 2 tbsp bean mixture in a warm tortilla, a small drizzle of vegan cheese, roll and place the seam side down on a greased or lined baking sheet. Repeat until done.
- Opt to add a little lime juice (or a little oil) and sprinkle vegan parmeson on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until desired crispiness. Serve hot! We dipped ours in the vegan cheese sauce and beans. Do add salsa & guacamole for a fiesta!