- 100 Grams of Kale up to 200 g
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 6 Tbsp Aquafaba (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup Vegan Parmesan cheese (See note)
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes - Sliced in small cubes
- 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Cup Brussels Sprouts - Sliced in half with outer leaves removed
- 1/2 Batch (or more) Crispy Coconut Bacon (Opt: Second time, I used tomatoes)
- 1/2 Cup Onion Slices
- Place the cubed potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with a little salt to taste and about 2 tsp nutritional yeast. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Give them a shuffle or flip. Then place them back in until desired consistency depending on your oven 10-20 minutes.
- Place onion slices in a small baking dish or the same pan, place Brussels Sprouts on top and bake to desired consistency. You can take them the whole time with the potatoes, or go at the half way mark, I went for half way.
- Meanwhile, make your coconut bacon if using it and set aside.
- Place the dressing ingredients in your blender, once the garlic is done, blend it until completely smooth.
- Wash, de-stem and chop your kale finely or until your preferred consistency. You can use your favorite green here but kale is awesome in this.
- Massage the dressing into the kale, top with potatoes, Brussels sprouts and coconut bacon. You can also use your favorite veggies in the salad and toppings. ENJOY!
Viola! The best salad ever! “Now that’s a salad!” said Gerald. :)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe [½ cup cashews, ¼ cup nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp garlic salt – blitzed into powder. Use ½ cup with a little extra sprinkled on top. Save any balance for future meals.]
- If you have vegan worcestershire sauce, use that vs. the tamari in the dressing. Tamari is a gluten-free soy sauce, feel free to use soy sauce if you don't have an allergy.
- Aquafaba is the liquid found in chick peas or when cooking chick peas, the liquid drained after cooking. It is acting as an egg replacement in this recipe.