- What about you?
- 2 cups cashews - Soaked for 4 + hours
- 1 cup filtered water
- Salt to taste (opt)
- Blend Cashews with filtered water until very smooth, place in a open mouthed 1/2 gallon glass jar. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band. Cover with a towel and allow to sit in a warm place overnight.
- The next day dehydrate the "cheese" at 105 degrees for 6-8 hours until it begins to firm. Since it was so hot outside, we just placed the jar in the sunshine and it worked very nicely. You will have a nice thick, cream cheese like spread.
Tip: Feel free to add a little lime/lemon, apple cider vinegar to add more flavor plus any other seasoning you can dream up.
Now to create the masterpiece!
- Small Ripe Tomatoes (Grape, Cherry, off the vine etc)
- Cashew Cream Cheese
- Green onions - diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Opt: Seed and herb mixture: I used my favorite nut and spice blend "DUKKAH" from Trader Joes. It contains a mixture of Almonds, Sesame Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Coriander, Anise Seeds and Kosher Salt and tastes sooooooo good!
- Take small juicy ripe tomatoes, core the inside and prepare a shallow bed for the cream cheese.
- Take a spatula or spoon and fill the center of the tomato with the homemade cashew cream cheese.
- Top with salt, pepper and an optional nut and spice blend.
- Place Green onions on the side and/or on top.
- Wallah! Appetizers that are sure to please not only the eye, but the palette as well.
Have a great weekend!
PS - If you haven't seen it, please watch this short film "Let Food Be Thy Medicine"!