1/2 Cup Cashews (soaked overnight)
1/4 Cup Water; Divided
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1-2 Tbsp Lemon or Lime Juice (depending or tartness desired, I did 2)
1/4 tsp Salt
3 tsp Arrowroot Starch (or preferred)
- Combine the cashews, 2 tbsp of the water, coconut oil or coconut butter in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the starch to the remaining water, mix into a slurry pour it in the food processor with the nutritional yeast and salt. Mix until incredibly smooth.
- Use a hand held mixer and mix on low for 5 minutes, this makes it extra whipped and airy but is optional.
- Transfer to a container, refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm. Use as you would use cream cheese. Store in the fridge for about a week.
- Soak cashews in hot water for 10+ minutes to save time if needed.
- Preferably use raw cashews.
- Omit the nutritional yeast or salt if they aren't in your diet.