- TWO GLAZES
- FALL PUMPKIN FLAVORS
- STARBUCKS INSPIRED
- SPECIAL REQUEST
- MAKE YOUR HOME SMELL AMAZING
- VEGAN & GF
- TASTE AMAZING!!
2 1/2 Cups GF All Purpose Flour or 2 Cups Oat Flour with 1/2 Cup Starch of Choice
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ea: Ginger, Allspice & Nutmeg
8 Tbsp Cold Coconut Butter, Coconut Oil or Earth Balance in small cubes
1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Lg Vegan "Egg" (1 tsp Psyllium Husk with 4 Tbsp Water)
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Dairy Free Milk
1/2 Cup Pure Pumpkin Puree (If homemade, squeeze any excess moisture out)
Vegan "Egg" Wash:
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Avocado, Coconut Butter, Earth Balance, even DF milk)
1 Tbsp Syrup (I used Agave, Maple would be yummy)
No syrup? Use the oil/df milk and a sprinkle of sugar, such as coconut sugar.
Creamy White Frosting Glaze:
3/4 Cups Cashews - Soaked 4-8 hrs until soft; rinsed and drained (preferably raw)
1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk (I used almond with vanilla, coconut would be great)
1/4 Cup Syrup (I used Agave)
1/4 Cup Coconut Butter Melted or Coconut Oil
(May add tinch of vanilla if you please)
Pumpkin Spiced Glaze:
1/2 Cup Creamy White Frosting Glaze
3 Tbsp Pure Pumpkin Puree
1/4 tsp each: Cinnamon, Ginger, All Spice, and Nutmeg or use 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat your oven to 400° F / 205° C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make your vegan "egg" mixture first, so it has time to congeal.
- Whisk your dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.)
- Either with a food processor, a standing mixer, a pastry cutter, two knives or your hands cut / mix in the cold coconut butter (coconut oil or earth balance) until you have small chunks / pea sized pieces.
- Mix your wet ingredients together, I like to add my sugar to my wet but it can be done either way. Add the wet to the dry and mix until it just comes together.
- Transfer to a clean floured surface, I used my cutting board, and dump it all on there. Hug it together, pressing it together gently and then shape it into a circle until it is 3/4" thick.
- With a lightly floured knife cut the circle like a pie, slicing in triangular pieces. Once cut, carefully transfer to your baking sheet lined with parchement paper.
- Brush the tops with the vegan "egg" wash mixture. I like to brush the sides with any extra.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, mine went about 20. Cool for a couple minutes on the pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, make your glaze and place it in the fridge, allowing plastic wrap to touch it directly to avoid a film. Blend ingredients until incredibly smooth, pushing down the sides as needed. Reserve 1/2 cup and blend with the pumpkin spice flavors.
- Once the scones are cool (or cool enough for you) glaze by using a spoon to add the creamy white glaze, using the back of the spoon to spread it out, and then with a fork drizzle on the pumpkin spiced glaze. You can also dunk the scone into the first creamy white glaze and drizzle the pumpkin on afterwards.
- ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!!
- Buy GF Oats or regular oats if no allergin and blend into a flour for oat flour. Easy!
- Add the coconut butter, coconut oil or earth balance spread to a tray like an ice cube tray or small mold, place in fridge, freeze for 10 minutes to firm up more if needed.
- Ensure your dairy free milk, vegan egg and pumpkin puree are all cold for best results.
- Best enjoyed right away. Freezing the dough and bake as desired. Make the night before and bake in the morning. Made a whole batch but have extras? Freeze and enjoy, allowing to thaw slightly/as desired.
- Get smaller pieces by shaping into a rectangle, cut it in quarters, then once down the center, and then cut those remaining pieces into triangles. Feel free to cut cirlces, the trianglur shape is what I grew up on. :)
- You may have to thin out the glaze(s) with additional milk if it became too thick in the fridge.
- PS - I'm an option-a-holic (or, or, or) these really are pretty easy to whip up, watch the process here.