- Pick your favorite bread.
- Select your favorite Vegan Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Click Here for Recipes. (You can use store-bought vegan variety as well.)
- Spread some coconut oil, coconut butter or earth balance on each piece of bread, one side only.
- Place the "buttered" side down on a pan.
- On the dry side, place the vegan cheese, I like to use a generous portion.
- Top with the other slice of bread, leaving the "buttered" side facing up, so when you flip it, it will be golden.
You can also make your sandwich with a dry piece of bread, add the vegan cheese, place a "buttered" side piece of bread on top, lightly grease your pan and that will brown the base. That's how we did it growing up.
You can even go oil-free and not use any of that for a dry toast.