Rocky Shepheard recently shared a sample of the Vegg Vegan Egg Yolk with me and it is amazing! I can now make my husband a vegan omelet and more!! I modified the Vegg Omelet recipe by: Mimi Clark from "the VEGG cookbook: Egg-Free Cooking Uncaged" and it was delicious and left our bodies feeling recharged and pumped up!
The Vegg has an egg like flavor, its plant-based, gluten-free, soy free, fat-free, cholesterol free, High in Vitamin B12 and A, all natural, and GMO free! Check out there website: the Vegg or there Facebook site for amazing recipes and updates!
- 1 tbsp Vegg Powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 pckg firm tofu, drained
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vegan "butter" spread or oil
Filling: Onion, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, vegan "mozzarella cheese" and spinach or your favorites such as salsa, mushrooms, asparagus etc!
- Combine Vegg powder and non-dairy milk in blender and process for 1 min until smooth.
- Add drained tofu and oil and process for 1 minute until smooth.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, add the vegan "butter" spread or oil and heat until melted.
- Pour batter into skillet and work quickly to spread the batter over the entire pan using a spatula to help. Cook on med heat for 10-15 minutes until the edges set and brown.
- Scatter your favorite fillings over one half of the omelet. Carefully slide the spatula under perimeter and fold the unfilled side over the filled side.
- Cover the skillet with a large dinner plate turned upside down. With one hand on the top of the plate and the other on the skillet handle, quickly flip the omelet onto the plate.
- If too soft, bake in the oven at 350 for 10 + minutes. (Recommended!)
Now you and yours can enjoy vegan omelets! Thank you so much Rocky and to the the Vegg for sharing your wonderful product and wonderful cookbook so that others may be inspired to try alternative methods to egg-free cooking that are both healthy and satisfying!!!