Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
For day 5 I wanted to create something sweet, healthy, wholesome, plant based yet kid and husband friendly. I opted for a vegan granola bar, or Vegola Granola Bar!
- Calories: 176
- Fats: 7.2g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together almond butter, mashed bananas and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Chop the prunes and dates, or pulse in a food processor until chunky. Mix in with the dry ingredients, add the almond butter and use your hands to work together until mixed well.
- Cut the green apple into bite sized chunks and incorporate into the mixture.
- Place in a lightly oiled or parchment lined 8X8 or two loaf pans, pressing ingredients down tightly. Moisten hands with water to assist.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let set for 15 minutes on a cooling rack and cut into 18 bars. Wet knife in-between to prevent sticking if needed.
- Wrap individually for on the go snacks, leave on the counter, place in fridge or even freeze for future snack-opportunities!
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
From my heart and kitchen to yours! Best wishes for a great weekend!
Love Love Love,