Day 1: Mayan Raspberry Dream
Featured on Vegan MoFo 2014 – Sunday Round Up!!!
"Finally, although I realize that some parts of the world are basking in cool luxury, San Diego is experiencing its hottest weather of the YEAR. YEAR, folks! Let’s empathize with us poor Californians and gaze longingly at this colorful, and I am sure spectacular, frozen treat from Artistic Vegan, Blueberry Nicecream. With two ingredients, it is perfectly doable!"
- Place cabbage in a food processor and pulse until finely diced. Place on the bottom of a bowl.
- Rinse the food processor and pulse the roma tomato and red bell pepper. Use a spoon to place around the outer edges of the cabbage.
- Rinse and place a peeled carrot in the food processor and pulse. Use a spoon to place the carrot next to the tomato and bell pepper mix.
- Place 1/3 cup of cooked white northern beans in the center.
- Take 1/4 cup chopped white onion and place on the outer right and left sides.
- Slice the cucumber in half and place one piece in each corner of the salad.
- Cut the ends of a beet off, peel and carefully cut in the shape of a heart. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
- Season it with your favorite dressing and spices! We seasoned ours with red pepper flakes, black pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper and a herb seeded blend topped with Italian dressing and sriracha sauce.
Love & Light!