Yield: 2 Large Omelettes
Author: Christa Clark
prep time: 15 Mcook time: 15 Mtotal time: 30 M
Ignite your inner strength and satisfy your hunger with the warrior omelette.
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 1 Cup Garbanzo Bean Flour (chickpea/besan)
- 1 Lime/Lemon -Juiced
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- (Opt: Pinch of black salt)
- Pinch of Herbs (Cilantro, favorite)
- 1/3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- Handful Spinach, Sliced
- Handful Herbs, Minced (Parsley, Cilantro, favorite)
- 1/3 Red Onion - Sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper - Chopped
- Oyster or favorite Mushrooms - Sliced (200 grams +/-)
- 1 Small Sweet Potato - Peeled, Chopped
- Opt: Vegan Cheese of choice
- 1 Avocado - Sliced
How to cook Warrior Omelette
- Place the peeled and chopped sweet potato in a small pot with just enough water to cover, add a little salt. Boil until fork tender and cooked, set aside.
- Saute the onion and bell pepper with a little salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes and set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms with a little salt and pepper, place a lid directly on top, cook for 3-5 minutes, stir and cook a couple minutes more if needed. Set aside.
- Mix together the almond milk and lemon or lime juice. Mix, set aside.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl, the garbanzo bean flour, salt, paprika, cumin powder, garlic powder, pepper, baking soda, turmeric, a pinch of the herbs - add the soured milk and mix well until it is a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a nonstick pan, circular does make it that much easier.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, opt to add any herbs or vegetables at this point. Cook until bubbles appear around the edges and a few in the middle, like a pancake.
- Flip (you can use two spatulas if needed) and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Once done, flip again so you can have the pretty side facing up to serve. Fill with a little bit of all of the fillings and top with avocado slices. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @artisticvegan on instagram and hashtag it #artisticvegan
Created using The Recipes Generator