Time with my husband, walks, yoga, meditation, zen music, eating healthy -
After catching up the news with my husband, I turned on Zen Meditation Music and zoned in on making a delicious meal for us.
I shared this on Facebook earlier:
Fluoride. I knew it was in the toothpaste and water but fluoride is in the salt too? That means packaged goods, table salt, bread and so on can be poisoned. "Intentionally fluoridated salt usually contains about 250 ppm fluoride, which results in a daily intake of 2.5 mg of fluoride per day for people consuming 10 grams of salt." This will make me think twice about sprinkling some of extra salt on top and eating out. Sources are even saying "“Himalayan” salt is actually from one of the world’s largest salt mines in Pakistan and contains 231mg (231ppm) fluoride – naturally!"
Another source states: "“Universal” salt fluoridation means that all salt destined for human consumption is fluoridated - not just the “salt in the shaker on the table”. This situation exists in numerous cantons in Switzerland, as well as many countries in South America." Read more here: http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/salt_facts.html
That same site lists food that contains fluoride, this is a bit unnerving as I enjoy many of these foods as I'm sure you do too! http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/f-_in_food.html
I want to continue researching this but thought I'd share what I had found so far. "The More You Know"
- They do sell a Fluoride Tester! We recently purchased a Berkey Filter as well. Anything can help!
While it was a salt free meal the flavors were so good I didn't miss it at all!
- Place the vegetable broth in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, asparagus, 1/2 of the lime juiced and seasoning. Stir occasionally. Cook for 6-8 minutes until done but still crisp! While cooking prepare salad.
- Place dark leafy greens in each bowl. Add 3 tomato slices to each bowl in a line towards the center. Wash and peel the carrot, peel extra slices off to create thin swirly pieces. Place next to the tomato.
- Continue with bell pepper, cucumber slices, blacked beans, cabbage, jícama, ginger and rice. Serve with a slice of lime on top.
- Cut the balance of the carrot into thin sticks. Place bowl on a plate, place asparagus onion mixture and carrot slices on the plate. Serve and enjoy!
Stating "Our Blood and Bones Contain Over 85,000 Different Toxins" thankfully there are inexpensive ways to cleanse the bowels, hair, skin, lungs, liver, kidneys, and even the cells.
How can you detox your body? I picked some of my favorites from this article.
- Install a HEPA filter or High Quality Air Filter. Alternative solutions are spending time in nature as the trees and flowers act as natural air purifiers.
- Throw out all toxic cleaners we use to clean. I enjoy vinegar and baking soda. Citrus, lemon juice, and sunlight also work.
- Sweat to clear the mind and body of toxins.
- Fast even partial fasts or a one day fast.
- Drink Purified Water
- Eat Detoxifying Foods - a plant based diet, ginger root, turmeric, beets and more!
- Increase Vitamin C
- Detox the Liver with milk thistle or dandelion root.
Here are some personal things I've done over the years. It has now been over a year since I've used nail polish (although I just discovered vegan nailpolish and hope to try it), years since I bought non-vegan make-up and most days I don't wear any, 4 years since I've colored my hair, years since I've bought conventional face wash (we use baking soda and it works wonders!), bought scented lotions - we use coconut oil or other oils, wear perfume - I use essential oils. I even stopped buying tampax once I realized the toxins within and started to use the Diva Cup. We dry our clothes outside but if you don't and use dryer sheets consider a brand with out animal-fat, like this one! I'm sure I have areas to improve but as I learn about the toxins being poured into us I do my best to make mindful decisions moving forward.
We enjoyed a hike out in nature the other day. The flowers and trees provided purified air, it helped us get in touch with the Creator of All, provided an easy way to meditate, and we worked up a good sweat clearing our body and mind of toxins! We followed up with a foot soak with hot/warm water, salts, herbs and essential oils. Epsom salts are great. We put everything in a bucket with a towel underneath and let our feet soak. It is an easy way to pull toxins from your body in a short amount of time. Soaking can ease stress, reduce inflammation, flush toxins, boost magnesium intake and are helpful when congested / during illness. So soak up!
I hope you enjoy the Zen Chakra Salad as much as we did! No oils, salts, gluten or dairy! Yay!